Monday, March 9, 2015

THE HOME OF KEN MAYNARD

315 S. Las Palmas Ave., Hollywood, CA
The Hollywood mansion of Western Star Ken Maynard in his glory days of the late 1920s and early 1930s.


Ken and Mary Maynard in front of the home in 1934 (from Jon Tuska's Classic The Filming of the West)



7515 Yarmouth Ave., Reseda, CA
Maynard's less impressive home in the 1940s. Still a Western star but for minor company Monogram Pictures.


I would like to have pictured Ken's final home, of the mobile type, but the Shady Tree Trailer Park in San Fernando, CA, is today a used car lot.

                            


3 comments:

  1. Hans, Can I still contact you? I have a photo of Ken's trailer I took in 1980 when I visited George Griggs, the caretaker of the Shady Lane Trailer Park. I also have a photo of 505 Liberty St in Vevay, Indiana, the house ken was born in and lived in until he left for Hollywood. Don't know how to leave a photo with this comment. Antonio M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live there. 11400 Ilex Ave. Sp13

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come no one ever talks about the original Ken Maynard? There were 2 and the original singing cowboy was my great grandfather

    ReplyDelete