Monday, March 16, 2015

The Home of ANDERS RANDOLF

609 N. Canon Dr., Beverly Hills, CA
This Beverly Hills mansion belonged in 1930 to imposing Danish-born character star Anders Randolf (nè Randrup). The property was later the home of Danny Kaye and his wife Sylvia Fine, and later still, perennial "Other Man" star Ralph Bellamy.


                                      

At the time of his sudden death at 59 in the summer of 1930 following a kidney operation, Randolf had been actively pursuing a return to his native lands and had even purchased an apartment in Østerbro (see below), an upscale part of Copenhagen, Denmark. His wife and daughter did in fact relocate to Copenhagen, where Anders Randolf was later interred.


This photo depicting Anders Randolf's daughter Karen Kristine and pet was given to me by a family friend. It clearly depicts a Southern California home but not the N. Canon Dr. mansion. If anyone happens to recognize the property, please send me a note. 




4 comments:

  1. Anders Randrup Randolf is most likely my Great Grandfather's first cousin or he could be my GG Grandfather's brother - my Great Grandfather's "birth father" is a little uncertain. We've narrowed it down to 4 brothers who lived on a farm where my Great Grandmother worked. Oooooh intrigue....right? Anyway she got pregnant etc. I'm still searching for paternity records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farm Anders Christian(sen) Randrup seemed to be proprietor of was located near Rybjerg Parish (Sogn) in Viborg County (Amt) and many people seem to have lived there over the years. It's called (Gamle) Rybjerggaard which translated to (Old) Rybjerg Farm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, my first post should say ....farm where my Great Great Grandmother worked....

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Anders Randolf died, his wife Dorthea was supposedly living at 1916 Hillcrest Rd in Beverly Hills. But there is no such address. Google Maps points to it, but the street-ends with an gated estate which is 1187 Hillcrest Rd. The 1916 Hillcrest Rd address in LosAngeles has a wood fence and you can't see anything. By the way, there seems to be absolutely no online photos of Dorthea Randolf. I'm going to see if Anders' Grandson will email me one.(If I can find the email address he sent me ages ago)

    ReplyDelete