1436 Bella Dr., Beverly Hills, CA
The visible part of famous Falcon's Lair, the final home of silent screen icon Rudolph Valentino (1895-1926), who moved in here after his split from Natacha Rambova. Their equally famous home at Whitley Heights above Hollywood was erased to make room for a ramp for the Hollywood Freeway. Falcon's Lair, meanwhile, was later occupied by the Harry Careys and, later still former RKO star Ann Harding and her conductor husband Werner Jansen. In the 1970s, the estate famously belonged to tobacco heiress Doris Duke.